Tuesday, February 9, 2010

This Too Will Melt

The snow is piling up outside (again). I have to admit the snow is beautiful. My back yard has this wonderful surreal look about it. It was also surreal to have to go out with a shovel to rescue my dog that had gotten under the deck and was trapped. Ah well, this too shall melt --one day.


I decided to put together a collection of “Spring IS coming favorites” from Zibbet guaranteed to chase away the winter “whites”.

My first pick is ChristianMarie’s multicolored clutch purse with a pearl snap closure and orange lining. The floral print is just the thing to bring in some color with sunny yellow, hot pink and warm turquoise. This little bag makes me want to put a sundress and take my pup for a walk.

The Western Wood Lilly

Nothing says spring like flowers and the seeds of the Western Wood lily from agardenofmagick make me think of my garden in bloom. These pretty lilies that grow in sun or partial shade are perfect for my tree lined yard. In fact I ordered some to plant. I’ll be getting them started in a cold frame as soon as the snow melts.

I adore this little Lucite ring in light blue and royal shaped like a spring flower from Dreamylyneshop.  It is dramatic and feminine rolled together in one springy little package.

And whine though I may about the cold and the snow in a few short weeks I will be whining equally loud about the mosquitoes that seem to arrive even before the spring flowers. So my final spring pick is Bayberrymeadowherbs bug away camp soap. Nothing says warm weather like the scents of citronella and lavender.

As I watch the snow fall I remember that this too shall melt as snow eventually does though I expect it will be cold comfort as we shovel away this latest blanket of white.

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty selection! It made me feel Spring is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should pass this blog post on to my poor mother; while I suffer through the icy cold (ok, 55 degree) winter in Florida, she's one of those poor unfortunates buried in snow. And I agree with the comment above me, I love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for posting the Society of Socialpreneurs button ad on your site! I have added you to the blog directory! http://www.societyofsocialpreneurs.com/blogdirectory.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and I followed you...lol : ) Nice to meet you!!! Be sure to check out our brand new message board/forum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww poor thing getting stuck! glad he's ok now :)

    ReplyDelete